Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone!
I hope your day is filled with lots of love (and lots of sweets). Greg and I don’t have much planned, but we do have a great bottle of wine we will open up to celebrate the occasion. Mostly, I am looking forward to spending the day with him and my furbabies.
And if you want to show your pups some extra love this year, this PB&P Dog Treat is a sure-fire way. Millie LOVES these treats. She runs into the kitchen every time she hears me opening a mason jar in hopes there’s a special cookie for her.
I usually only make them for a special occasion, like Christmas, Valentine’s Day or “Gotcha Day,” but they’re so easy you could make them for no reason at all!
Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Dog Treats
- 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 can pure pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, oats, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
- In your stand mixer, combine the eggs, pumpkin and peanut butter and stir until combined.
- Slowly mix in four mixture.
- Roll dough out on to a floured surface, until the dough is about 1/2 inch thick. Take a small cookie cutter (I use a heart-shaped cutter) and cut dough and place on a cookie sheet (don’t forget the parchment paper).
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Baker’s Notes: The treats will harden once completely cool. For freshness, I put the treats in a mason jar and stick it in the fridge.
Recipe adopted from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen.