What are you all up to this weekend? Greg and I are going to see Pitch Perfect tonight and I am PUMPED. The weather is supposed to be kind of icky, so the rest of the weekend might be spent inside baking and reading. (Hey, I am not complaining.)
But the lack of sunshine is not stopping our indulgence in the huge tub of strawberry ice cream we’ve been eating on all week. You guys, it’s so good. And easy. And it’s filled with fresh strawberries, so it must be healthy, right?
Adding the ice-cream attachment on our KitchenAid was a huge impulse, but I am so glad I did it. I experimented with delicious s’more ice cream last fall, and now this. I can’t wait to make more flavors as summer really starts to heat up.
Strawberry Ice Cream
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (5oz) evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2c whole milk
- 1 container fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine all milks and sugar in a large bowl. Stir. (Cover and chill for about 30 minutes.)
- Puree strawberries, lemon juice, and salt in a blender or food processor.
- Add ingredients to your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Poor into freezer-safe container and freeze for at least an hour or two.
- Serve on a cone and enjoy!
Baker’s Notes: Get crazy with it and use whatever’s
on sale in season. Peaches? Yes. Blackberries? Yes. For the original recipe, click here.