I L-O-V-E coconut. Almond Joy? Yes. Mounds? Yes.
Greg says it’s not his “candy bar of choice.” I really don’t get it.
So when I made Coconut Macaroons one afternoon (because I was craving chocolate, coconut and baking), I was shocked to see my husband wrist-deep in the cookie jar.
But I really can’t blame him. They’re delicious. And easy. And you drizzle chocolate on top. But see for yourself, and don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 6 cups of shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs vegetable oil or butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix coconut, milk and vanilla until combined.
- With a spoon or cookie scooper, drop mounds of mixture on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Transfer macaroons on a cooling rack and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine chocolate and vegetable oil or butter in a bowl and melt with the microwave until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate on top of macaroons and let set.
Baker’s Notes: Keep an eye on the oven as the macaroons bake for desired level of crispiness. For the original recipe, click here.