In true summertime fashion, we’ve been eating fresh peaches for a couple months now. Of course, when I saw a peach crisp recipe in Grill It, Braise It, Broil It, I couldn’t resist. It was an alarmingly easy recipe to follow and I had most of the ingredients, which is always a plus.
GIBIBI's Peach Crisp
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon; 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 3 tbs chopped pecans
- 2 tbs margarine
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Stir 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and cornstarch with sliced peaches and place in a 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, stir remaining ingredients using a fork and sprinkle on top peaches.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- Transfer macaroons on a cooling rack and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until topping is golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Baker’s Notes: I did not peel the peaches (too much work). I also added almonds instead of pecans — it was what was in my pantry. And I got to say, it was just as tasty. Serve a la mode for a tasty dessert for the next several nights. You won’t be disappointed.