This winter has been rough. With little motivation for baking or cooking, I’ve resorted to a lot of boxed wine and Chipotle burritos.
I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love boxed wine and Chipotle burritos, but I needed to mix things up a bit. Which is why we spent Friday’s ice storm watching movies, baking homemade pizza and making these beauties.
A tasty take on the traditional mule, this cocktail is a great way to sweeten up your evening.
Blackberry Moscow Mules
- 1 bottle of ginger beer
- 2 shots of vodka
- 1 cup of blackberries (Get wild and try strawberries or blueberries!)
- Sprinkle of sugar (to taste)
- Mint for garnish
- In a (pourable) bowl, mash fruit, vodka and a pinch of sugar until blended.
- In a cocktail glass, pour ginger beer over ice — about half the bottle.
- Pour fruit mixture on top and blend.
- Garnish with mint.
Baker’s Notes: This will make 2-3 glasses, so share with a friend! Omit the vodka for a mocktail. If you’re not a huge fan of blackberry seeds, drain before pouring over ginger beer.
Recipe adopted from here.